“Alexia is a powerful example to the next generation of women.”
Gabrielle Bernstein, New York Times bestselling author
Interested in a booking Alexia for a keynote or interview?
After winning the Miss Junior America competition at nineteen, Alexia Vernon was thrust onto the speaking circuit. For approximately two decades, Alexia has wowed audiences across industries and sectors with her keen insights, heartfelt and moxieful storytelling, infectious humor and boundless optimism.
Wise, witty and with just the right amount of woo, Alexia Vernon’s keynotes don’t just inspire and educate, they radically shift thinking and behavior. Your audience will laugh, quite possibly cry, and above all, they will learn to speak and lead with unshakeable presence and undeniable impact - so they can leave the legacy they were born to make.
Step into Your Moxie®
You Will Learn To:
- Reconcile your desire to claim visibility with the insecurity increased visibility often triggers, so you can move forward - fast.
- Reclaim the role of protagonist in your own story and lay the foundation for empowered self-talk and influential communication.
- Speak your truth to communicate what you want clearly - and with empathy and compassion - so others can act on your words.
- Adopt a growth mindset to experience setbacks as opportunities that allow you to cultivate resilience and grit.
"Everything about Alexia’s style knocked my socks off, but what stands out most is her innate ability to meet each woman exactly where she is and move her toward achieving her goals."
Lynn Barboza | HR Manager, City of Las Vegas
We’re Listening: How Companies Champion Women Post #MeToo
As companies across industries and sectors strengthen their policies to prevent sexual misconduct, it’s easy for organizational leaders to focus on protecting their female employees rather than on creating a culture that truly empowers them to speak up and lead. For companies to retain (and, in many cases, earn back) the trust of their women, position themselves as brands high potential women want to work with, and attract female clients and consumers, it’s time for both male and female leaders to shift from sexual harassment prevention to corporate gender responsibility.
- Discover the key components of an effective corporate gender responsibility initiative—and learn why having one benefits women and men.
- Create a company culture that makes it safe for all employees to have daring conversations about gender and power.
- Explore actionable strategies for restoring trust and addressing institutionalized and unconscious gender inequality.
Cultivate Your ‘Secret Sauce’
as a Speaker
Public speaking is one of the most effective ways to attract the right clients to your business, position yourself as a thought leader, and make big impact in the world. Unfortunately, most leaders, entrepreneurs, and professionals who speak are following tired formulas for how to present (and sell) and are wildly disconnected from their own authentic voice and point of view. Alexia will show you how to navigate through the sensation that comes up when speaking (or thinking about speaking), shift from being an “expert” to being a transformational speaker, and invite your audiences to take immediate action on your big ideas.
- Slay self-doubt that keeps you playing small as a speaker, entrepreneur, or leader.
- Illuminate the idea(s) you want to be known for so you can develop soul-stirring presentations that move audiences to action.
- Discover how to curate stories and ask provocative questions that create deep transformation and facilitate buy-in from audiences.
Alexia, your presentation was a sweeping success! Our franchisees raved about you and felt the material was highly relevant to their businesses. We are so grateful for having your talents.
Gena Segno | Director, Gymboree Play & Music Corp
ALEXIA HAS SPOKEN FOR
SPEAKING + MEDIA BIO
Alexia Vernon is the author of Step into Your Moxie: Amplify Your Voice, Visibility, and Influence in the World. Branded a “Moxie Maven” by President Obama’s White House Office of Public Engagement for her unique and effective approach to female empowerment, Alexia’s equal parts practical, poetic and playful delivery style make her a sought-after speaking and leadership coach, consultant and trainer. Alexia has presented transformational keynotes and corporate trainings for Fortune 500 companies and professional associations, spoken at the United Nations and delivered a TEDx talk. She has gotten her gab on with media including CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, Forbes.com, Inc.com, European Business Review and Women’s Health Magazine. Alexia holds graduate and undergraduate degrees in women’s studies and began her career teaching women’s studies at several universities. She lives in Las Vegas, Nevada with her partner in business and life, Stephen, and their precocious, wide-eyed, preschool aged daughter.