Jamie Lieberman is not only a brilliant attorney, she also has saved my mind (and my bank account!) numerous times – including last year when I went through a trademark dispute.
There is nobody more equipped to talk about intellectual property than her.
She is the owner and founder of Hashtag Legal, and she has been a practicing lawyer for 15 years. As an experienced entrepreneur, Jamie understands the unique needs of business owners at different stages in their organization’s growth. Today, she partners with clients across verticals including influencer marketing, creative services, and e-commerce.
Jamie has a deep commitment to making legal accessible and regularly speaks about legal matters, the art of negotiation, and entrepreneurial topics at leading industry events such as Alt Summit, Podcast Movement, and FinCon and as an expert source for media like Digiday and Forbes. You can also catch her as a co-host on The FearLess Business Podcast.
During our conversation on intellectual property, Jamie shares:
- Top legal considerations when starting a business to prevent future issues down the line
- What intellectual property is – and how you can monetize it as a smart, savvy, and successful coach or consultant
- The do’s and don’ts of effective trademarks and when you should register a trademark with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- How to avoid common mistakes content creators make that set them up for copyright problems and copycat activity from competitors
- How coaches and consults use online course, memberships, certification, and train-the-trainer programs to grow their platforms, revenue, and influence
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Connect with Jamie at Hashtag Legal and on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter
- Learn more about Hashtag Legal’s The (Un) Business School courses
- Listen to Jamie’s FearLess Business Podcast
- Learn more about the sex trafficking prevention nonprofit that Jamie supports, The Cupcake Girls
- Please leave a review and subscribe to Moxielicious via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, or Spotify, so you never miss an episode!