Andrea Owen is the author of the new book, Make Some Noise: Speak Your Mind and Own Your Strength, as well as a global speaker and professional certified life coach who helps high-achieving women maximize unshakeable confidence and master resilience. She has taught hundreds of thousands of women tools and strategies to be able to empower themselves to live their most kick-ass life through speaking, her books, coaching, and her wildly popular podcast with over 3 million downloads.
In addition to Make Some Noise, Andrea is the proud author of How To Stop Feeling Like Shit: 14 Habits That Are Holding You Back From Happiness which has been translated into 18 languages and is available in 22 countries, as well as her inaugural book, 52 Ways to Live a Kick-Ass Life: BS Free Wisdom to Ignite Your Inner Badass and Live the Life You Deserve.
Andrea is a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC) from The Coaches Training Institute, a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) with the International Coaching Federation (ICF), a SHE RECOVERS® coach, and a Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator (a modality based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown.)
I love this episode so much because I got to speak with a fellow coach, who I think the world of, about my favorite subjects at the intersections of self-help and social justice.
During episode 402 of Moxielicious®, Andrea Owen and I talk about her new book, Make Some Noise, and how to:
- Recognize (and hopefully avoid) toxic positivity and spiritual bypassing
- Facilitate self-improvement for ourselves and also address systemic oppression and other societal injustices
- Speak up to others about harm they are causing from a place of compassion, courage, and candor
- Mine our triggers and reactions for clues about trauma that needs to be healed
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Learn more about Andrew Owen, Make Some Noise, and grab book bonuses here.