As I share in this solo episode, so many of us are trying to find our voices. It’s beautiful. Yet tragic. Our voices shouldn’t be something we have to go outside of ourselves to discover. Plus, even if we find our voice – life won’t always be smooth sailing. We’ll often lose it and have to find it again.
If you want to be a better coach (and leader), here are 4 questions to ask yourself to unearth your big ideas and points of view:
- What is often left out of conversations on the topic I am passionate about?
- What is the source of the problem that I provide solutions for?
- What irks me about my industry?
- What is the breakthrough people need to have to work with me or my company?
How can we make it easy for our voices to emerge and be a better coach?
Showers, meditations, and creative time can help give us clarity. We also need to prime ourselves for inspiration downloads throughout the week. You want to show up to content creation time knowing what you want to say. (My voice is the finest and loudest at 10:45 pm, aka my Genius Hour. I record my nuggets of information using a journal near my bed. My late-night journaling helps me be a better coach.)
In This Episode:
- The 4 questions to ask yourself to unearth your big ideas and points of view so you can be a better coach [ 5:15 ]
- How to make it easy for your voice as a coach (or leader) to emerge [ 9:55 ]
- How to show up to content creation times knowing exactly what you want to say [ 16:20 ]
- How self-compassion allows us to come back to our voices, consistently speak with moxie and be a better coach [ 19:20 ]
- “We teach what we have had to learn. And what we want to remember.”
- “It’s about harnessing the sensation that comes up while on stage speaking.”
- “We should focus on the net revenue – what we actually pay ourselves.”
- “Our voices don’t need a lot of structure in the ideation stage. The structure comes once the message unfolds.”
- Want the 4 questions to liberate your voice that I shared in this episode – along with some of my favorite phrases and fill-in-the-blank prompts for articulating your big ideas with clients and team members and on stages and in sales conversations? Grab my How to Find Your Voice Digital Guide here.
- If you are a coach, consultant or business leader who wants to be amplifying your speaking and thought leadership, let’s continue the conversation in my Facebook Group – the Spotlight Speakers Salon.
- Curious how we can jam together to amplify your speaking, create game-changing speaking content, and advance your thought leadership? Check out my coaching options.
- Follow me on Instagram @alexiavernon.
- Subscribe to Moxielicious via Apple Podcast, Stitcher, Google Play, or Spotify, so you never miss an episode!