In the first coach-the-coach podcast episode of season 3, I had the pleasure of coaching Jill Shroyer. A self-proclaimed HR nerd, Jill is the founder of Expedition HR Consulting, a best-selling author, a fluent Spanish speaker, and professional at solving Sticky Situations.
Expedition HR helps small businesses conquer and prevent sticky situations through teaching core HR pillars in a simple and understandable way… to minimize risk! Expedition HR proudly donates a portion of each dollar earned (including royalties from Jill’s book) to organizations about which Jill is passionate – which include animal welfare organizations and Charity Water, whose mission is to bring clean drinking water to every person in the world.
Jill lives in paradise (as she calls it) in the beautiful mountains of Park City, Utah with her husband, two elementary school aged kids, puppy, and 17-year-old “Queen of the House” cat. Jill spends her free time traveling with her family, fostering animals, mountain biking, and skiing deep powder.
In episode 303 of Moxielicious, Jill and I discuss:
- Powerful questions to ask prospective clients so they see the value of working together (and so you can avoid going into features and benefits that often don’t matter to them)
- Why the fear of “selling” often prevents us from fully serving people in sales conversations and in our presentations
- The focus of Jill’s signature presentation on Sticky Situations
- How to clearly connect your signature speech to your program offerings, books, and other intellectual property (IP)
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Grab your ticket to Moxie Camp.
- Learn more about Jill and Expedition HR
- Grab Jill’s book – Conquer Sticky Situations
- Connect with Jesse and Lisa on LinkedIn and Instagram.
Please leave a review and subscribe to Moxielicious via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, or Spotify, so you never miss an episode!