In episode 503 of Moxielicious®, Taunya Craig discusses a new, hot topic in psychotherapy and trauma treatment, Psychedelic Assisted Psychotherapy.
Taunya Craig is the Executive Director of Bloom Psychedelic Therapy and Research Institute. She is a Registered Professional Counsellor, Master Practicing Clinical Counsellor, and Counselling Therapist, with over 10 years’ experience in private practice. Her favorite modality up until Psychedelic Assisted Psychotherapy (PAP) has been Accelerated Resolution Therapy in which she is a certified Master A.R.T. Practitioner.
Taunya’s diverse background includes hundreds of hours of facilitating group work, thousands of direct client hours, and many hours in specialized trainings, including ATMA’s accredited Psychedelic Assisted Psychotherapy for Therapists.
Ironically, finishing that program led Taunya to realize that for her to provide PAP she would need to understand intimately what the experience entails. So, she started her own year long journey with PAP. Recently completing an experiential deep dive training in PAP, Taunya discovered her passion for this line of work and specifically with relational dosing ketamine and psychotherapy combined.
As Executive Director for Bloom Psychedelic Therapy and Research Centre, Taunya blends her personal and professional therapeutic experiences and love for science, psychedelics, and community.
Taunya is ready to help move Psychedelic Assisted Psychotherapy to the forefront of mental health treatments. Aligned with Bloom’s vision of safety, effectiveness and accessibility for Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy, Taunya is motivated to provide a much-needed healing space for transformation and connectedness.
During episode 503 of Moxielicious®, Taunya Craig and I talk about Psychedelic Assisted Psychotherapy. More specifically, we discuss:
- What Psychedelic-Assisted Psychotherapy is and why Taunya and Bloom are so passionate about using Ketamine to treat mental health conditions
- Who should avoid Psychedelic-Assisted Psychotherapy—and why
- The dangers of Psychedelic-Assisted Psychotherapy and what to look for in a practitioner to ensure safety
- How Bloom integrates ceremony, science, and medicine into their healing approach
- Taunya’s hopes for where Psychedelic-Assisted Psychotherapy will go in the coming years—and why access to PAP is already an equity issue
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Learn more about Bloom Psychedelic Therapy and Research Institute and the Canadian Association of Psychedelics
- Learn more about the Polaris Insight Center, in Washington, and the American Association of Psychedelics
- Read the book, Change Your Mind, watch the Netflix documentary, and checkout the Ketamine Papers
- Please leave a review and subscribe to Moxielicious® via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, or Spotify so you never miss an episode!